JRS Pharma, a leading supplier of pharmaceutical ingredients and technologies, has an exciting fulltime opportunity in our Patterson, New York R&D department. If you are results-driven and have a passion for formulation and laboratory analysis, we want you on our team as a Scientist II.
The ideal candidate is a pioneer in the pharmaceutical or nutritional industry with strong knowledge of solid dose formulation, tableting, and coatings. We require someone who is innovative and willing to grow with the company.
The Scientist II is required to:
- Use scientific principles to develop new products in line with the growth strategy of the company.
- Conduct early stage feasibility experiments, as well as routine testing.
- Analyze and interpret data in support of product transfers, new product launches, validations, and process improvement activities.
- Conduct functionality testing and evaluations in support of raw materials and/or manufacturing changes.
- Generate, review, and analyze process and formulation data.
- Initiate and conduct stability studies and write interim and final stability reports.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and well-equipped laboratory work environment.
- Prepare and present technical information to management, staff, and customers as required.
The Scientist II must have:
- A bachelor's degree in pharmaceutical technology, chemistry, or related science field. (A master's degree is a plus)
- 3-5 years of experience in formulation and laboratory analysis
- Excellent presentation skills
- Collaborative approach in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on documentation and data interpretation. (Experience in project management is beneficial)
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical formulation and excipient applications
- Knowledge of electronic lab notebook systems preferred
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
Please send resume and cover letter to USNYHRAdmin@jrspharma.com.